Spring 2019 Communications/Development Intern
Rebuilding Together Richmond (RTR) is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving affordable homeownership through home rehabilitation services. We bring volunteers and skilled contractors together to repair the homes of low-income families across the Greater Richmond region. We have improved nearly
1,400 homes during our 26 years of service.
We are seeking a communications and development intern to assist in executing our fundraising, marketing, and communications strategies.
This intern will assist us in:
- increasing our organization’s brand awareness across various platforms (newspaper, radio, television, social media, and online),
- promoting our National Rebuilding Day (annual volunteer day of service),
- creating content for annual report, social media, e-newsletter, and website,
- planning our volunteer appreciation night, fundraising “Give Back” nights, and partner tour,
- tracking donor and fundraising opportunities in our database, and
- preparing “thank you” acknowledgements and other fundraising assignments when needed.
Our communications intern should demonstrate strong writing skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere. The intern must be able to take initiative and remain proactive in the workplace.
Applicants should also be highly organized and knowledgeable of online communications and social networking sites such as Constant Contact,
Wordpress, Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This is an un-paid position; we require a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Contact Malcolm Jones, development and communications manager, at Malcolm@RebuildingTogetherRichmond.org with resume, cover letter and up to 2
writing samples by Wednesday, January 23, 2019.