Administrative & Communications Assistant
Summary: This position is responsible for providing administrative support in program administration, client intake, build projects, special events, and communications. The position is part-time and reports to the Executive Director. As with all roles in our lean organization, the responsibilities of the assistant will require you to work closely with the entire staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative and Office Support
• Provide daily reception, telephone, and office support for staff.
• Perform client intake duties (correspond with clients, send and process applications, and provide follow-up).
• Maintain and update Salesforce database (processing project and volunteer data).
• Provide staff support for meeting preparations (staff and board meetings, training and retreats).
Communications and Fund Development
• Manage and send electronic newsletters and mass emails.
• Assist with creating, distributing and editing content for various communications (website, social media, annual report, brochures, invitations).
• Process and track all donations and fundraising opportunities in Salesforce database.
• Prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
• Support fundraising/cultivation efforts and events as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Success Personal Attributes and Strengths
• Possesses excellent planning and organizational skills with a high level of detail, accuracy, and follow-up.
• Strong interpersonal communication and phone customer service skills; ability to professionally interact with all levels of stakeholders.
• Ability to create high-quality professional business correspondence (email and printed letter).
• Keen ability to work independently and as a team player while showing initiative and taking ownership.
• Enjoys communications and social media projects.
Education/Experience and other Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or at least two (2) years of experience working in nonprofit, office, or in professional environment.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, applicant must be willing to learn the Salesforce CRM platform for data entry and reporting purposes.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to careers@RebuildingTogetherRichmond.org by Wednesday, February 13, 2019.